Wednesday 5 February 2014

New Technology : New Top Level Domains and Surfing Internet

Someone told me the name of some website and I opened that URL but what is this? I got an error. Why so? I checked the spellings of the website and they were ok. So what's wrong? I checked the domain and it was with .com, so I gave a try with another domain that is .net. Oops ,again I got an error. Reluctantly I opened the search engine and put a detailed description and name of the website and I found that the website  URL is with .org domain. So after almost 10 minutes I at last  succeeded in opening that URL. And such things happen again and again in surfing the internet. But this will not be the practice anymore as the latest technology of new top level domains (TLDs) may change the surfing style.

Donuts Inc, the largest registry for new generic top-level domains (gTLDs) has opened first new internet domains to the public. It will kick off the general availability period for seven new Internet domain names, marking the beginning of a new era for the Internet in which users will have unprecedented choice in how they identify and brand themselves online.

The gTLDs,the first of hundreds Donuts will launch this year are; .BIKE, .CLOTHING, .GURU, .HOLDINGS, .PLUMBING, .SINGLES, and .VENTURES. Anyone can register names in these gTLDS on a first-come, first-served basis from accredited registrars worldwide. Donuts will roll out additional gTLDs, .CAMERA, .EQUIPMENT, .ESTATE, .GALLERY, .GRAPHICS, .LIGHTING and .PHOTOGRAPHY as well.
So they will be much easy and user friendly domains. And that old domains seems a bit dull now. These new gTLDs can be easily memorized. So It's still to be seen that how much success these gTLDs can achieve. But for me it’s a great start of new surfing era.

For more details you can visit http://www.donuts.co/

No comments:

Post a Comment